Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 4

Well it's Day 4 of Snowpocalypse 2011.

I finally got to go to work today. I have been enjoying the days off, but paychecks are good too. The roads here in Tulsa are a DIS-AS-TERRR. My brother Chris and I helped two people get un-stuck this afternoon, and in the process, got stuck ourselves. Fortunately, Luna Lovegood, my loyal Infiniti QX4 with her stellar 4WD was able to get out pretty easily. Needless to say, I have had my workout for the next two weeks.

Now, after some leftover spaghetti and meatballs, made by yours truly because my mom has the flu (I have been pumping the Vitamin C), I am listening to Of Montreal, sipping some coffee, and blogging.


See that cool coffee pot thing? I found that deep in the recesses of our cabinet. According to my mom, it's an antique, and I am allowed to take it with me when I move out. Score? I think so. 

Speaking of scoring. My fabulous cousin Erin sent me a link for a Tulsa Groupon. $10 for $20 of merchandise at Barnes and Nobel.  Check it out. There are only three days left to buy it, so hurry! Hurry! 

Something I noticed today: How much my reactions differ between situations. I am much more likely to pray when I am hoping to avoid something bad, but instead of praying when I do encounter something bad, I curse. Example: Driving my dad and his assistant to work today (again, I am the only one with 4WD in my family so I have been dubbed "Taxi Driver"), we were going down a particularly treacherous hill and in my mind I was frantically repeating: "Dear God please let us get down this hill and up this coming hill okay dear God please let us get down this hill and up this coming hill okay dear God...". But this afternoon when Chris and I got stuck, did I pray? Nope. More like choice expletives were making themselves known. *For the record, I don't curse. Often. Only when I get stuck in the snow. Or when I have to stop quickly. You might say that driving brings out the best and worst in me.* 

So why do I curse in bad situations and pray in potentially bad ones? No idea. I do know that it's going to be a process to weed out the curses and plant prayers in their place. 

But, like Paul says, I can do all things through Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment