Saturday, April 30, 2011

Birthdays and stuff...

Well I am actually trying to write the final essay/final exam for my Old Testament  class, but I am very very distracted. Distracted could be an understatement. "Unable to concentrate at this point in my life" is more like it. I keep thinking about moving to Stillwater and what I will do this summer and then I think about what I need to do what I want (paint, sketch, sew, read, etc.), and then that translates into what I want, which has now become a birthday wish list, seeing as how my 21st birthday is a bit more than a month away.

For the record, I don't want to go get smashed with anyone. That is not my style. I want to go get sushi with a few close friends and have some good wine while flashing my "hey I'm 21 now" ID and not having to ask someone else to order alcohol for me. I am thinking that this summer will be full of cozy nights with wine and stars and conversation and movies and awesomeness.

Anyway. I don't want a lot. I feel like anything I want will be practical or enjoyable for a long time. These things include, but are not limited to: Large canvases for painting. Good acrylic paint. Brushes. Lots of wall space to hang the products of the first three items. The complete Harry Potter book series. Rope sandals. The magical ability to sew awesomely and an awesome (but cheap) sewing machine to go along with it. An infinite amount of time to go camping. The ability to make the sky clear on any given night in order to sleep under the stars whenever I am camping.

That's about it. Get moving, kids. You have til June 3.

Just kidding. You don't have to get me anything. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am totally getting you wall space.
    XD
    Hey, if you want a wine edjumacation, there is a really stellar liquor store around the corner from me that has free wine tasting classes during the summer. Plus, I always have some at home. =) Especially on Friday nights...Shabbat is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam, I still as yet am lacking the digits to your cellular device... >.<

    ReplyDelete