Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am barely into the new semester and I am already experiencing a great lesson in procrastination and its various forms of evil. So here I am, taking yet another break from Spanish, munching on Starbucks Chocolate Dipped Madeleines *sooo good* and sipping an Iced Caramel Macchiato. Not only am I slacking, but I am getting fat in the process.

I don't know why it's so hard for me to concentrate tonight. I have a Spanish test on Thursday, which my teacher says will be the hardest of the semester, and I didn't study over the weekend. This is the prefect opportunity to correct that mistake, and here I am... Blogging. I understand the grammar area of the language well enough. Grammar is kind of my thing. Vocabulary is my weak point. I know enough to get the gist of the text, but why settle for the gist? Why not get the whole picture?

I'm lazy. No really. I am.

I got through high school with minimal studying, and I got academic scholarships for my first year of college. I have a 4.0 GPA (not trying to brag here... okay maybe a little) because I find most studying to be more a part of life that isn't horrible and less "Ugh my soul is shriveling up as I read this chapter." Except for Spanish. So my flesh is saying, "Sweetie... Enjoy those madeleines. Go to bed now. You have a big day tomorrow. Sleep while you can." But my brain is saying, "Are you freaking crazy? You KNOW you aren't going to be studying tomorrow. You have to work and Austin is coming into town. You have to study tonight or you will not be ready for the test. No one cares what the weather men say about it snowing four inches on Thursday. You know that TCC won't close and you will have to go take that test and be completely unprepared. And whose fault will that be? That's right. Yours." And then my flesh responds with, ".....But you're so tired! You didn't sleep well last night. Go to bed. You know you want to."

I suppose the first step to kicking procrastination in its fat butt is getting off of here.

Goodbye Blogspot. Hello Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this. I too, am often a crazy victim of procrastination. Good luck with your test, tomorrow! (And don't let that studying get too in the way of this blog...it's too good to neglect!) :)

    ReplyDelete