Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011.

I am sure we all remember the Ice Storm of 2007 (was it REALLY four years ago?!) when Satan decided to take up lodgings in the Midwest. Death, destruction, snow, ice, more ice, power outages, no school, the list goes on.
Our tree was never the same. 

Neither were those. 

Apparently this is from another ice storm. I am seriously sitting on the ice. This picture is from the one in January. 

Well, we have another storm coming. The hype started on Saturday, when I saw there was a "Significant Weather Alert" for Stillwater. That snowballed (yes, pun intended) into a "Winter Weather Alert", a "Winter Weather Watch", a "Winter Weather Warning", and finally "Blizzard Alert". Seriously. We are supposed to get a blizzard. 

Fortunately, it held off while I was driving home from work. It was very windy though. You know the feeling you get when you can hear the wind, and it's blowing really hard, but it hasn't hit your car yet? I had that feeling the whole way home. 

Now the storm has actually hit. I can hear the ice bouncing off the windows, and the ground is already covered. Tomorrow will be very interesting.  

Until then, I am sincerely yours, with a mug of mint tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment