Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's been a crazy last few days. Okay maybe a crazy week and a half. Two weeks ago we found out that the main sewer line from our house connecting to the city sewer line is non-existant, and there is no way of telling how long it has been like that. So.... All of our laundry water, shower water, dish water, toilet water... and other things... have been just seeping into our yard. It's a miracle it's not a marsh. And doesn't stink to high heaven. Long story short, our yard is STILL a mess - the snow made everything wet and they have to wait for it to dry to fill the hole. But we are able to use the water now, so no more hotels. Even though I really enjoyed the king sized bed. Yes please.

Also, I FINALLY got the okay to move to an apartment/house Stillwater, so I am trying to find a place.

And I'm trying to get ready for Winter Court this weekend. For those of you who don't know, Winter Court is the formal event of my itsy bitsy high school. As an alum and former Queen of Winter Court, I get to go back. Here's hoping my little brother gets King. Even though he is a junior, he is eligible because juniors and seniors are on the ballot. The middle and high schoolers vote for who they think most deserves the title of King or Queen based on their character.

This is Austin and me as King and Queen of Winter Court in 2009. 

So as you can see, it's a pretty nice formal event. Very exciting. I will be sure to post pictures of this year. 

I have been so busy this week that I feel like I have not had time to take a minute for myself. Or God. Which is more important than taking time for myself. Hopefully on the drive to Stillwater tomorrow morning (to take my transcript, talk to an advisor, and get in my name at the Starbucks) I can have some time for both of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment